Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 10

Efudex photos pictures photo picture

DAY 10 - Aloe burned now. Stopped using it. The Aquaphor was a bitch to wash off, and the water felt like needles so I stopped using that as well. Now I'm using a refrigerated ice pack (the soft gel kind) to help the burning and itching.

My sister got an infection while using Efudex, so just as a precaution I use rubber gloves (the thin latex kind). It also, for some reason, seems to not hurt as bad than when I used my fingers. I took some advice from my dr and applied the Efudex in a dimly lit room, just enough to see my face (so I'd know where I'm applying it), but not enough to see the details. Apparently studies have shown that one's perception of pain is increased when they can actually see the severity of the injury (or wound, or whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment